Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow Day!!!



It snowed this past Thursday breaking past years records with 12.1 inches! My roommate woke me up and 8A.M. with "It's snowing!" and I didn't believe her at first but as soon as I looked out the window I did! The snow fall was beautiful and kept coming down all day long. In the morning my friends and I went out to the field behind our apartments to take pictures. The photo on this post is from that day of myself and friend Mei Khei. Brightness from the freshly fallen snow was an awesome tool for taking pictures, especially jump shots like the one above, because the more light you have to enter your camera the faster the shutter speed you can set and catch people in action. A fast shutter speed is used to stop or freeze motion. If you try to take a picture in a darker setting with the same fast shutter speed you had when you were outside you most likely will end up with a blurry image :( Thus, shutter speed is based on how much light you are dealing with. Personally I think light is the most important aspect to consider when taking a picture. Here is an excellent article about light and how it can make or break a photo. Hope you find this interesting and were able to enjoy the snow while it lasted :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo! Your faces are perfectly in focus and I love the way the snow and sky make it look like a solid white background, like an iPod commercial.

    ReplyDelete