Wednesday, January 20, 2010

emac 2321 Photography Blog #1

Photography is my ultimate creative outlet. I love taking and editing pictures. I became interested in photography in the 8th grade while I was taking a film making/photography class and ever since then I've wanted to learn as much about it as I could. I finally was able to invest a productive amount of time into it when I came to college last year. I started just experimenting with my camera and made the best out of what I got. It wasn't until I started watching one my best friends and how she created the amazing work she did that I started to grow in my photography. I learned by watching. This same friend recommended to me that I get a Flickr account so I did and am so glad I did! I have found some incredible, inspiring, and helpful photographers through Flickr. Most of them are eager to explain elements of their photos and even comment either encouragement or constructive criticism on your own work. I don't know if you've ever heard that Flickr has the sense of being a friendly community but it truly does. I've really enjoyed having a Flickr and friends living right around me to help me grow in something I love. Who knows if I'll ever have a career out of my photography but regardless it will always be something I do for fun.

With that said here is a photo I took this past weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Look on the class wiki for your name and a link. I put structural comments and observations there, as I do not want to mix comments with your content.

    You add a picture from a weekend shoot but you mention nothing about it. Why stand, almost jump, on a table. It looks cold. Where was it taken? What were you trying to accomplish with the picture? I like that there is movement with the feet.

    ReplyDelete