Saturday, May 1, 2010

The City

For spring break I went home to Huntsville, TX to spend the week with my family. We spent one day at the Downtown Aquarium in Houston, TX. It's a fairly small aquarium but it covers all the basics plus a few oddities including a parrot and a white tiger exhibit. Why are there tigers at the aquarium? I have no idea. A better question is why they offer a sleepover deal called Wild Dreams Overnight where the first program activity listed is sleep within inches of the tigers. Now granted the tigers are obviously behind glass walls but still I don't know how you could sleep comfortably with tigers pacing back and forth behind this thin wall of separation. Besides this craziness we had a good time and ended the day with a ferris wheel ride where I took the picture of the city above.

Here is a picture of my dad at the tiger exhibit:







1 comment:

  1. It's incredible that you were able to get such a perfectly centered, geometric composition from a ferris wheel!

    ReplyDelete