Thursday, May 13, 2010

Film: American Gothic



Here is the second image from the assignment I talked about in the post below. I decided to try and replicate the famous painting American Gothic by Grant Wood but with a modern twist. I used my roommate and her boyfriend as models and headed out to the field behind my apartment here at UTD. I had discovered these strange looking wheat stalks a few days before and thought it would be a cool location to shoot this replica. It turned out to be perfect as you can see the triangle point of the apartments just like the barn top in the original painting. Since I was going for a modern feel I had the models wear normal clothing and traded out the pitchfork for a broom. I love the fact that you can look at my image and see just enough similarities to the famous painting that you recognize it as such but not enough that it seems like a complete copy of the original. To view the photo larger simply click here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment