Saturday, May 1, 2010

One of Five



I took this photo the other day while sitting at the pool! This momma duck and her 5 baby ducks were swimming in the pool! I was glad to see them here because I had actually seen them a couple weeks before crossing the road by the phase 8 apartments on campus. Two of my friends and I had just come back from a crazy day of shopping when we stopped at the stop sign about to turn into our apartments and this duck and her eight baby ducks crossed the street right in front of us. They were adorable! We let them cross safely and then followed behind them in the car to see where they were headed. We figured out they were trying to get to the pond behind where we live. By this time it is raining and we have been watching the ducks try to find the entrance to the pond for about 10 minutes. We got out of the car and tried to lead the ducks in the right direction. We finally did but it took 30 minutes! Needless to say we were excited to see the ducks again the other day safe and sound. My favorite part about this photo is that the baby duck is glaring straight at the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment