Thursday, May 13, 2010

Film: Cinderella



This image was part of an assignment for my black and white photography class in which we were to tell a story or replicate a famous painting ect. in one single image. I wanted to try and encompass a fairytale in one shot because my sister has numerous dresses, play shoes, and tiaras and I thought it would be fun. I was visiting my family in Huntsville, TX at the time and decided to take advantage of the many beautiful locations on campus at Sam Houston State University. I knew there were several staircases and buildings with a colonial feel so I decided to try to tell the story of Cinderella. I chose the scene where Cinderella runs out of the ball trying to get away before the strike of midnight changes all of The Fairy Godmothers charms and in the process loses one of her glass slippers on the staircase. I had my little sister dress up for the part and then headed out to the university to the location in the photo. My poor sister had to run down the stairs about 50 times but she was a trooper and did an excellent job. I love the grace in both the hand holding up her dress and the one deciding whether or not she has time to pick up the lost slipper. If you would like to see these details up close view here!

No comments:

Post a Comment